WHY SKYLIGHT FALL PROTECTION?
Skylight Fall Protection:
Simply the RIGHT Thing to Do.
But if you need more explanation, the answer to WHY is two-fold and simple:
- More than anything else, EVERY LIFE MATTERS, and when a worker is seriously injured or even killed due to a fall that could easily have been prevented, that is a waste and an injustice.
- It is the LAW.
A fall through an unguarded skylight usually results in death or serious injury. This is why the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires that employers provide fall protection as stated in the following regulations:
OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.23
- Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes
- (a) (4) Every skylight, floor opening, and hole shall be guarded by a standard skylight screen or fixed standard railing on all exposed sides.
OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1926.501
- Duty to Have Fall Protection
- (a) (2) The employer shall determine if the walking/working surfaces on which the employees are to work have the strength and structural integrity to support employees safely. Employees shall be allowed to work on those surfaces only when the surfaces have the requisite strength and structural integrity.
- (b) (4) Holes (i) Each employee on walking/working surface shall be protected from falling through holes (including skylights) more than 6 feet above lower levels by personal fall arrests systems, covers, or guardrail systems erected around such holes. (ii) Each employee on walking/working surface shall be protected from tripping or stepping in the holes (including skylights) by covers.
Every Life is Worth Protecting.
Plus, the liability from a single incident could cost millions of dollars to defend in court. WinGuard Allied has been providing skylight fall protection solutions since 1977. Click below to learn more about our products.